Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Instagram Stories Blurry?

I picked up my iPhone 12 pro max yesterday and everything seems to be working except my instagram stories are blurry when reposting, posting or sharing. Tried reinstalling the app several times and still no fix. Anyone experiencing this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 2:31 PM

I've had iPhones since the first one. This has never happened to me up until a few days ago when I got the iPhone 12. I actually had another friend try it on her 11 and the image is reposted clearly. I contacted Instagram and they think its a bug with IOS and the new iPhone. I dont think it's the compression as I can repost other posts from high end brands with HD posts and still get blurry stories.

38 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 2:31 PM in response to Florian Wardell

I've had iPhones since the first one. This has never happened to me up until a few days ago when I got the iPhone 12. I actually had another friend try it on her 11 and the image is reposted clearly. I contacted Instagram and they think its a bug with IOS and the new iPhone. I dont think it's the compression as I can repost other posts from high end brands with HD posts and still get blurry stories.

Jan 7, 2021 7:11 PM in response to fgar30

This is the type of blurriness I’m talking about. Something to note, I’ve already ruled out any internet issues, router issues, or cell phone service issues. I’ve already called t-mobile with no issues from their end. I also have checked all settings on phone and apps, as this happens in SEVERAL apps not just Instagram. I reset my network settings and have rebooted the phone to no avail. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Nov 28, 2020 8:14 PM in response to VicChamaya

so the other day I posted an IG story and it looked really blurry on my phone, but I looked at it on my brothers iPhone XR and it was perfectly clear. and on my friend's android as well... sooo idk if it just shows up blurry on our 12's but is clear for other phones 🤷🏻‍♀️ hoping thats the case. it's a super expensive phone to be having blurry IG stories lol.

Dec 1, 2020 9:48 AM in response to fgar30

Has anybody figured it out the issue? I think we are all having the same problem with pictures/ audio and screen size. The top of the image extends too far into the top of my phone. Same with the sides, if a text is too long it cuts off. I believe this issue is only on the 12 Pro - MAX -. My husband has the 12 PRO and it's fine on his.

Hello apple and Instagram, can you guys fix this?

Dec 11, 2020 3:00 PM in response to fgar30

SO FRUSTRATING. Just got the 12 pro max and I’m a photographer. Not only have I noticed the phone auto-sharpens photos (my photos looked better on the 8 Plus), now I’ve noticed the blurriness when I repost stories. WHAT THE ****, APPLE? I don’t want to have to return this but I’ve already found myself doing certain things on my 8 Plus as the newest phone available is sitting right beside it..

Jan 7, 2021 6:53 PM in response to fgar30

yes! When viewing any videos on stories or posts the quality is terrible! I also noticed this strange anomaly on Snapchat videos as well. Already spoke with T-Mobile about service or possible throttling and on their end, everything is fine. Going from a Samsung s9+ to 12 proMAX this is the only discrepancy that I have with this phone. Hopefully this issue gets fixed soon as there is not much info yet on it.

Jan 15, 2021 11:08 AM in response to fgar30

I wrote to Instagram many times about it now.

There is still no update avalaible even if the iPhone has been released for a while now.

It is very frustrating to not be able to share a post on your stories since it very, and I mean VERY, blurry.

Has anyone figured out anything yet? Or do we just have to wait for Instagram to update the app?

iPhone 12 Pro Max - Instagram Stories Blurry?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.