Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 579C-A1822 restore error 4013

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend fix his iPad that keeps showing the Apple logo that blinks every minute or so. I tried both Update and (factory) Restore of iPad 579C-A1822 using latest iTunes (12.10.10.2) on Win10 and I keep getting this error 4013. Pressing Power and Home button I get the apple.com/ipad/restore logo (with cable) on screen and device appears to communicate with iTunes. The little progress update circle on the iPad seems to stop at around 4 or 5 oclock and hang. I've tried changing cables and using different USB ports on my laptop but keep getting this error message over and over.

I noticed that the iPad has what look like small holes at the top and rear center - are one of these a reset button? I don't want to ruin anything by pressing it with a paper clip is why I'm asking. Appreciate any guidance you can give here ? If I need to go to an apple store to get this fixed can someone please give me an idea what it will cost ?

Thanks

Chris

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 8:49 AM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2020 9:03 AM in response to cskordish

See >>> If you see error 9, 4005, 4013 or 4014 when you restore your iOS device – Apple Support

Beware, there are no concealed buttons behind holes. Do not insert any probe or other object into any holes on the iPad. With the sole exception of a Cellular model iPad - that has a small hole in the SIM tray with which to eject the SIM - inserting a probe into any hole will cause serious damage. Any single holes are likely to be for microphones.

iPad 579C-A1822 restore error 4013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.