Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iclould photo backup to pc file size

The goal of this post is to get high res photos (4032 x 3024) in your icloud photo folder in your windows PC

or say the questions is how to make icloud save high res photos automatically backups to your windows pc.

some said no, but yes it can be done.

So once you installed the icloud for windows, icloud photo will show up in your folder. And like most of people said, pictures backups are 2048 x 1536. If you want high res photo, you have to go to web browser and log onto icloud and click on the download arrow and chose download original to get 4032 x 3024.

Ok hold right here. For this method, If your iphone-setting-camera- high efficiency photo, then a HEIC file will be downloaded into your download folder instead of jpe. Yes it is in 4032 x 3024 but this is NOT what I want.

I want to simply go to your icloud photo folder in your PC and every pictures in there are automatically downloaded as 4032 x 3024 in jpg. But so far after almost 6 hours on google search and countless youtube videos. I still cant find any result.

The reason why I know it can be done is because, I have two computers. both are PC, the older one is windows 7 and the new one is windows 10. For some reason, the old pc windows 7 get pictures in the icloud photo folder are 4032 x 3024 under icloud automatically backup. But my windows 10 pc only got 2048 x 1536 and Windows 10 is a newer PC.

The phone i used was iphone 7 plus. But same pic, same backup(automatically) method but the pictures become two different size into two different computers. But before I can figure out why, i upgraded my phone to iphone 12 pro max. And ever since that both folders are now 2048 x 1536. If I used drop down arrow method, it will only gave me HEIC files in 4032.

I cant remember what have I done to the windows 7 pc. nor how did I triggered it. Only thing I could have think was that I might accidentally plugged my iphone into my PC's USB and downloaded itunes and tweaked my photo backup setting a bit, just cant remember how I did it.

So please help me out guys, I really want to have 4032 file size photos backed up to my PC automatically without manually download them.

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 2:39 PM

I seem to have the exact same problem ever since I upgraded from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone 12 using icloud for Windows. All photos taken with the 8 were downloaded to the icloud photos folder in the original resolution, all photos from the iphone 12 are now being downloaded compressed and downsized. Please Help!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2020 2:39 PM in response to evobb

I seem to have the exact same problem ever since I upgraded from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone 12 using icloud for Windows. All photos taken with the 8 were downloaded to the icloud photos folder in the original resolution, all photos from the iphone 12 are now being downloaded compressed and downsized. Please Help!

Dec 29, 2020 1:56 AM in response to evobb

Same problem here. iCloud Photos for Windows used to download the original .heic and a.jpg file of my photos. Both had the same resolution of 12MP 4032x3024. Today I noticed that all the photos I took with my iPhone 12 mini were only half that resolution when automatically downloaded as jpg to my computer.

iclould photo backup to pc file size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.