Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max

Just picked it up yesterday and it worked all day. Plugged it in to the charger for the evening and around 3:30am I was awakened by the room being lit up with this bright pink glow! I tried to reset it but it is completely non-functional. It follows a pattern: the Apple logo comes on with a black screen, it then goes blank and the Apple logo comes back with a backlit screen, then that goes out and a solid pink screen comes on for a few seconds and then it starts all over again.

None of the buttons work and it can't be turned off or switched to anything. It is completely non-responsive.

Waiting for 10:00 am EST to take it back to the AT&T store!

*****!!

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 8:34 PM

Hey I had the same issue, my phone just made a weird electronic noise and froze with pink squares/rectangles all over the screen. It restarted and went to the black apple screen and seems to be working fine as of now. What should I do though?

39 replies

Dec 8, 2020 2:26 PM in response to Peter2525

My issue started when the phone updated to ios14. None of the side buttons work, won’t turn off, won’t do anything at all. Flashing Apple icon....called Customer Service with zero help, only some **** text support or website support. Wasted my whole day trying to fix this... I should have NEVER bought this 12 Pro Max. Samsung here I go!!

[Edited by Moderator]

Mar 5, 2021 5:39 PM in response to FredM57

The solution that ultimately worked for me in this non-responsive scenario was to allow the battery to completely drain (the screen would not turn off or respond to any stimuli), and then upon re-charging and turning it on again, it worked.

My frozen screen was white with a black progress bar following iCloud restore, so slightly different, but same complete freeze out scenario.

May 11, 2021 11:56 PM in response to FredM57

I experienced a variant of this problem in which the phone is completely unresponsive to any stimuli, including forced reset.

This occurred as a result of trying to cloud transfer between and old 12 Pro Max to a new 12 Pro Max. The solution was to let the phone run out of battery (die), after which it booted appropriately.

If your phone is non-responsive and you don't want to return it just yet, perhaps try letting it die then booting it up again.

Issues with brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.