Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

laptop "charging on hold" and about to leave the house

Love the fact that Big Sur very visibly puts "charging on hold" for the batter of my Macbook Pro (which is basically always plugged in - here or there).

Suppose I'm about to head for the airport and want the battery to charge to 100% for the flight ahead. How do I tell Big Sur to do this on a one-off basis? (i.e. to revert to partial charging when next plugged in)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 11:12 AM

RupertC wrote:

Love the fact that Big Sur very visibly puts "charging on hold" for the batter of my Macbook Pro (which is basically always plugged in - here or there).

Suppose I'm about to head for the airport and want the battery to charge to 100% for the flight ahead. How do I tell Big Sur to do this on a one-off basis? (i.e. to revert to partial charging when next plugged in)

If you think this is small % is mission critical to your survival turn off the BHM in Preferences.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple ...

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2020 11:12 AM in response to RupertC

RupertC wrote:

If you think this is small % is mission critical to your survival turn off the BHM in Preferences.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple ...

laptop "charging on hold" and about to leave the house

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.