Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Mail App not syncing with Gmail web UI.

As per the title, my iPhone Mail App is not syncing with Gmail web UI or MacBook Pro Mail App.

I receive emails on my iPhone Mail App, MacBook Pro Mail and on Gmail web UI. If I delete an email on Gmail web UI, my iPhone Mail App and MacBook Pro Mail App (Gmail account) sync Ok. If I delete an email on my MacBook Pro Mail App (Gmail account), both Gmail web UI and iPhone Mail App sync Ok too. BUT, if I delete an email on iPhone Mail App (Gmail account), neither MacBook Pro Mail App nor Gmail web UI sync.

This started happening after my latest iOS iPhone update to 14.2 on 11 November 2020. I've turned the phone on and off (...), checked IMAP/SMTP settings, security, reset the Captcha - nothing works.

Not sure if this is related - I saw a glimpse of a security certificate issue but didn't pay attention as to what it was in relation to (it later disappeared).

I Googled the issue but there seems to be no answer. PLEASE HELP!

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 2:46 PM

Hello lprou01,

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your Gmail account on your iPhone. You mentioned that you checked the IMAP settings. Was there a chance this was set to POP? If it was set to IMAP and the issues persist, you may want to remove and set that email account back up in the app.

From a Home screen, navigate: Settings. > Mail.

Tap Accounts.

From the 'ACCOUNTS' section, tap an email account.

Tap Delete Account (at the bottom; may require scrolling).

To confirm, tap Delete from My iPhone.

Then, set it back up: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps! Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 2:46 PM in response to lprou01

Hello lprou01,

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your Gmail account on your iPhone. You mentioned that you checked the IMAP settings. Was there a chance this was set to POP? If it was set to IMAP and the issues persist, you may want to remove and set that email account back up in the app.

From a Home screen, navigate: Settings. > Mail.

Tap Accounts.

From the 'ACCOUNTS' section, tap an email account.

Tap Delete Account (at the bottom; may require scrolling).

To confirm, tap Delete from My iPhone.

Then, set it back up: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps! Cheers!

Dec 18, 2020 8:46 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks for your reply. I did everything except deleting and adding the gmail account on my iPhone. I have now done it and it solved the issue. I didn’t want to do it originally as, having read other posts with a similar problem, deleting and adding the account didn’t help. Well, in my case it did help, and it worked, thankfully.

Thanks again for your time!

iPhone Mail App not syncing with Gmail web UI.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.