Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 mail app won’t sync read/deleted emails

Hi. For some reason my iPhone X has stopped acknowledging that I have read or deleted emails on the desktop app. I have one gmail account. I use Mail in OS X and iOS.

The OS X mail desktop app still behaves as expected and reflects the state of my Gmail account when I check in a web browser.

I have deleted and reinstalled the account from Mail on my phone (where the problem is happening) numerous times, have checked the settings in Mail, Settings…everything seems to be ok.

This behaviour happened out of the blue. No update was done, nothing appeared to change, it just stopped operating as normal.

I have since updated to the latest iOS 15.4.1.

Still no change. Any help greatly appreciated as it’s driving me a bit mad.

Many thanks,

Tim

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 4:40 AM

Further to my last post, it seems the problem was with the OSX Mail app... after a bit of going round the houses I realised that it was changes I made on the OSX app that were not being reflected elsewhere, so I deleted my Gmail account from the desktop app and reinstated it.

Problem solved.

I hope this helps someone else:)

Thanks

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 4:40 AM in response to zzzTimzzz

Further to my last post, it seems the problem was with the OSX Mail app... after a bit of going round the houses I realised that it was changes I made on the OSX app that were not being reflected elsewhere, so I deleted my Gmail account from the desktop app and reinstated it.

Problem solved.

I hope this helps someone else:)

Thanks

iOS 15 mail app won’t sync read/deleted emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.