Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Widgets are missing after Big Sur upgrade

I had widgets at the right side of my screen: foreign exchange, calculator, etc. After upgrading to Big Sur they're gone. Why does an upgrade mean figuring out all over again how to get these into widgets? The same thing happened last year.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 4:57 AM

Hey Pal,

Dont Panic Same issues even I had. To resolve this. Just go to edit widgets, there also it would be missing. but type for eg. Calendar.. it will display your widgets like normal. Add your widgets this way.

10 replies

Nov 20, 2020 12:14 PM in response to NusaDua

NusaDua wrote:

I had widgets at the right side of my screen: foreign exchange, calculator, etc. After upgrading to Big Sur they're gone. Why does an upgrade mean figuring out all over again how to get these into widgets? The same thing happened last year.

Use widgets in Notification Center - Apple Support

Missing some of your favorites: Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Mar 2, 2021 4:55 AM in response to Community User

Yes, I get it work, but eventually the widget disappears.

1- Click the time, right side of menu bar.

2- Click the "Edit Widgets" button at the bottom of the slide-in panel.

3- On next screen, in "Search" at upper left, type the name of a widget.

4- When widget is revealed, if optional attributes are available below it, make a selection: S (small), M (medium), or L (large).

5- Hover over widget. You should see a green "+" in widget's upper left corner.

6- Click the widget. It will move to the right side of the screen.

7- Be sure to click the "Done" button beneath the widget.

Those are the steps I follow, and it works— until, of course, it doesn't. At some point later in the day, or next, the widget disappears. I then have to repeat the 7 steps outlined above. Don't know why this happens. Really, all I'm looking for is a quick, reliable way to glance at the weather, either via a widget or in the menu bar.

Widgets are missing after Big Sur upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.