Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calculator widget missing

I updated to Big Sur and the calculator widget is gone and there is seemingly no way to put it back. Is this true? It was by far the most useful widget and this is crazy to me. If not, does anyone have a work around to get something similar to the calculator widget? (The calculator app in the dock is not working well for my purposes).

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 4, 2021 10:32 AM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2021 12:26 PM in response to Barney-15E

Good to know about the widgets. Guess I have zero shot of them realizing their mistake and putting it back.

Accessing the calculator app is just much more cumbersome. Before I could just swipe it into the screen and swipe away- now I have to go down, find it in the dock, click, and then if I use another window it gets hidden behind it and if I want to use the calculator again, I have to move/resize the window or find the app in the dock again. Compared to the ease beforehand, it's just so painful.

calculator widget missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.