Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time announce

Since I uploaded MacOS 11 my iMac no longer announces the time (on the quarter hour). There no longer appears to be an "Announce time" option in the Date & Time System Preferences. Surely this feature hasn't been abandoned? If not, how do I reset it?

Greg Middleton

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 6:47 AM

Thanks. They've hidden it away well. When I found it I expected it to be turned off. It is not; it is shown with a tick. My problem now is why doesn't it work? Yes, the volume is adequate; the half-hourly announcements that I had it set to simply are no longer made. Yes, it tests ok; it just doesn't make the announcements. (Well, maybe it will now that I've turned it off and on again - but I'm not counting on it.) Thanks for pursuing this (I couldn't find anything about this re-location in Help or on the website.) GM

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 6:47 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks. They've hidden it away well. When I found it I expected it to be turned off. It is not; it is shown with a tick. My problem now is why doesn't it work? Yes, the volume is adequate; the half-hourly announcements that I had it set to simply are no longer made. Yes, it tests ok; it just doesn't make the announcements. (Well, maybe it will now that I've turned it off and on again - but I'm not counting on it.) Thanks for pursuing this (I couldn't find anything about this re-location in Help or on the website.) GM

Nov 16, 2020 2:24 AM in response to dialabrain

I appreciate that "Apple is not here" (though surely they monitor this). I would have expected that they would document such a change, or at least that others might know how to restore it or find another way to get this announcements back.

Thank you for providing the means for me to provide feedback to Apple, though I have no expectation of getting any response from them. I hope others complain about the loss of this feature (which I would have thought quite easy to retain). G

Time announce

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.