Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar notification snooze in Big Sur?

We just installed Big Sur on our iMacs. Now when we get calendar notifications, we only have an option that says "snooze", with no option to select how long we want to snooze it for. This is really annoying and much less helpful than before, when we had multiple options (1 hour, 1 day, etc.). Are we just missing something here? Is there a way around this? (Note: we've tried clicking and holding "snooze", but no options come up when we do that.) Sure would love some help with this. Thanks.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 11:54 AM

This is simply unacceptable. That option is not just a minor change that's a huge thing. And why? Who in the right mind would remove this?

Please go to the feedback page and complain:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

191 replies

Nov 18, 2020 6:01 PM in response to charlsa258

I just spoke with an Apple Tech and he confirmed that the option for various Snooze Times, with the Calendar Notifications, in not available in Big Sur. He entered a request for me at https://www.apple.com/feedback/ to have the option reinstalled in an update.

That is the best way to let Apple know we do use that feature and would like to have it back.

So, go to a https://www.apple.com/feedback/ and register your request.

Jan 12, 2021 11:16 AM in response to charlsa258

It blows my mind that apple engineers would remove this feature. My alerts are now making me crazy. I can't say "remind me in 2 hours," or "in a day" or "5 minutes before start" on my laptop. If anything, you would THINK they would ADD the feature to their iPhone OS and not take it out of the laptop/desktop OS. This is almost the final straw with apple to me.

I'm so tired of apple making my laptop behave more like a phone. I don't want it to operate like a phone. It's a computer.

This is worse than when they took away the magnetic charger. I mean, first you promote how intelligent that is for years - no risk of pulling your hardware off a desk if someone gets tangled in a cord - and then you make your product as dumb as everyone else's.

And it's almost as bad as when they took all the USB ports and other ports off the laptops as well. Now I have to have adapters and port hubs and all sorts of things attached to my laptop so that I can work. "Mobile" is not how I describe my MacBook Air any longer.

Dear apple, you are making your products annoying and difficult to use. Please reverse course.

Dec 17, 2020 11:33 AM in response to charlsa258

Unfortunately, this feature isn't included in Big Sur, which I consider a major blunder for Apple. I just confirmed with Apple Support and they know of no plans to reinstate this feature, so we all need to complain and complain loudly. Reinstate the different time options for Calendar notifications!

Go to www.apple.com/feedback choose Calendar and send feedback.

Everything crossed that I don't have to go through the hideous mess of reinstalling Catalina.

Nov 16, 2021 9:31 AM in response to Simplesime_OG

Snooze notifications are back! Yes, as I was writing an email to Apple about this issue this morning. I started taking screen shot's of the pop up notifications on my Monterey (12.0.1) test machine and I double glanced and noticed the notifications are back! I almost fell off my chair.

It is somewhat a little different (Instead of the "Snooze" button, it is now called "Options" and they have added 'Snooze for....') The ordering is back to front like ('Snooze until 30 minutes before') is not sorted ascending. It should be '5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, but is descending from 30 mins. Weird.

Below is one screen shot of Catalina's snooze options and on the the bottom are the new Monterey snooze options. You will notice there's also a new handy drop down that shows the calendar.

Now, if only they could bring back the 'Close' button to replace the awful 'x' on the top left of the notification. What was wrong with the Close button? It was all in one place and now you have to move from right to left to highlight the 'x' button. The 'x' I feel is too small and cumbersome.

Calendar notification snooze in Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.