Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages won't update

Pages tells me an update is available but it won't load

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 5:25 PM

8 replies

Nov 21, 2020 7:28 AM in response to LostArmadillo

If you find that every time you open pages, numbers, or keynote and its saying there's an update available but find that when you go to update it on the App store you get a never ending spinning wheel with no results, here's how to fix that!

CLOSE the App store. OPEN Finder, choose Applications, scroll down to Pages. Right click on Pages and send to Trash, you can empty trash later.

Now Open App store and find Pages, into changed from 'Update' to 'Install'. Click Install and you'll get a message telling you that your system does not support the newest version but it will allow you to install the most current version for your Mac. Choose this and 'VOILA!' You now have the newest version available for your system.

Repeat the procedure for Numbers and Keynote.

Nov 21, 2020 8:42 AM in response to Peggy

Agreed. One should have a current Time Machine backup so that if removing the application(s), and attempts to replace them from the Mac App Store fails, one has a fallback plan to recover the current compatible version.

As I have discovered first-hand, the Mac App Store may just tell you that you cannot install the current version, and then just give up without attempting any effort to retrieve an older version.

Nov 23, 2020 9:33 AM in response to VikingOSX

Yes, and this is the reason I mention to empty the trash later, so that it can be restored if need be. however when you choose the Install option on the App store and you do not have the current operating system installed due to older hardware, it will give you a popup message stating that there is an older version which will work with you're operating system.

Nov 23, 2020 9:34 AM in response to Peggy

Hi Peggy,

This is the reason I mention to empty the trash later, so that it can be restored if need be. however when you choose the Install option on the App store and you do not have the current operating system installed due to older hardware, it will give you a popup message stating that there is an older version which will work with you're operating system.

pages won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.