Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur mail won't send email

I downloaded Big Sur tonight. Mail will not send email. Beach Ball is all I get. I shouldn't have upgraded OS

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:18 PM

Just found, In absence of my ability to access / use email (iCloud & Yahoo) via my Apple mail, I searched and opened both accounts individually on Safari and now have ability to access and respond to those accounts separately. Following Big Sur update, after all this non sense, I may just delete my iCloud mail accounts for both Yahoo and Apple and continue working separately in this manner. This also has its advantages over relying on multi function via iCloud.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 8:18 PM in response to Charles Layfield

Just found, In absence of my ability to access / use email (iCloud & Yahoo) via my Apple mail, I searched and opened both accounts individually on Safari and now have ability to access and respond to those accounts separately. Following Big Sur update, after all this non sense, I may just delete my iCloud mail accounts for both Yahoo and Apple and continue working separately in this manner. This also has its advantages over relying on multi function via iCloud.

Big Sur mail won't send email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.