Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Version 14.0.1 Unexpectedly Quits

I have just upgraded to the new OS Big Sur. I just experience a crash from Safari. The termination reason is Namespace ASSERTIOND, Code 0xd00d2bad. What is that mean and Why did it crash?

AB

iMac Pro, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:17 AM

28 replies

Jan 31, 2021 10:04 AM in response to Bradley Wagner

Bradley Wagner wrote:

ddkilzer wrote:

The `Namespace ASSERTIOND, Code 0xd00d2bad` crash is fixed in Safari that ships with macOS Big Sur 11.2. Please update when you're able to do so.
11.2 is out? Not seeing it available
//:0
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/3094cfc6-6f6c-48ae-aa99-e9574956f7f6

Yes, you are correct. It is fixed in the latest macOS 11.2 s-e-e-d, but you may want to wait for the official release to update.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS_Big_Sur#Release_history

Nov 18, 2020 12:32 AM in response to CREWTV

Big Sur has caused havoc to my MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)

• Safari crashes when I go to a specific website (like United Airlines & others)
  • WhatsApp for macOS crashes every time I copy/paste anything to a chat
  • The Foreign Exchange app I used in widgets will no longer allow me to input any amount without opening in a new window.
  • I can no longer see "battery %". I have to open the battery page under System Preferences to get the simple update on what % of the battery is left.

Is this an upgrade? Or a giant leap into a series of crashes?

Dec 2, 2020 10:24 PM in response to CREWTV

I'm seeing the same here. Today I just noticed that I crashed just as I clicked on the 1Password Extension to unlock it. Not sure if this is the cause but it at least seemed to cause the crash I just saw.

Regarding crashes from sleep - I've also seen this. I've been running without Power Nap for a while which eliminated all my sleep/wake crashes, but I've seen about 3-4 crashes since I installed Big Sur. Disappointing.

Dec 18, 2020 7:14 PM in response to RonEdwards

I was just thinking the exact same thing. I am going to try it now and report back. Ever since I downloaded Big Sur or should I possibly say Big Turd my safari unexpectedly quits numerous times a day especially after my system goes to sleep. When "trying" to read and understand the error codes I am getting the thing I keep noticing is all the extensions name are listed so I am wondering if it is not so much just the update as it is the extensions in conjunction with the updated software. Error code below. Corpse...that doesn't sound good..lol

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGKILL)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace ASSERTIOND, Code 0xd00d2bad

Dec 18, 2020 7:21 PM in response to CREWTV

WHERE IS APPLE ON THIS???!!! I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE THREAD WHERE APPLE RESPONDS WITH ANY KIND OF EXPLANATION OR SEMI USEFUL INFORMATION. REALLY DROPPPING THE BALL. PRETTY DISAPPOINTING ESPECIALLY SINCE I JUST DROPPED 3K ON A NEW FULLY LOADED IMAC 27" DESKTOP AND CANT EVEN FIND HELP WITH THIS DISRUPTIVE ERROR; ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU WORK FROM HOME AND HAVE SO MUCH GOING ON AND I AM FORCED TO START WORK OVER OR LOSE A BUNCH OF WORK I STARED DUE TO THIS.

Termination Reason:    Namespace ASSERTIOND, Code 0xd00d2bad 

Safari Version 14.0.1 Unexpectedly Quits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.