Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch will not unlock iMac Pro

iMac Pro -- Big Sur 11.0.1

Apple Watch -- WatchOS 7.1

Since the upgrade to Big Sur, the Apple Watch no longer unlocks the iMac Pro automatically.

The iMac Pro says it cannot connect to the Apple Watch.

I cannot find any control to change that.

I've tried resetting, rebooting, both iMac Pro and Apple Watch.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

iMac Pro, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:41 AM

Never mind.

After the previous Apple Watch restart I did not wait long enough to check the connection.

After a full shutdown of the Apple Watch, I waited several minutes then restarted the Watch. After that restart, I waited longer than previously to check (long enough to allow the Watch to fully restart and re-sync), and found it is now available to the iMac Pro. All working correctly again: the iMac Pro allows recognizes the Watch to allow return from sleep/screensaver as before.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 7:41 AM in response to SCADA-Guy

Never mind.

After the previous Apple Watch restart I did not wait long enough to check the connection.

After a full shutdown of the Apple Watch, I waited several minutes then restarted the Watch. After that restart, I waited longer than previously to check (long enough to allow the Watch to fully restart and re-sync), and found it is now available to the iMac Pro. All working correctly again: the iMac Pro allows recognizes the Watch to allow return from sleep/screensaver as before.

Apple Watch will not unlock iMac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.