You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iPod to car devices

When I connect my iPod via a usb cable to my camper stereo I get connected on the iPod and reading on my stereo, doesn’t seem to go any further, how long should I leave it? Picture attached

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 9:06 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2020 10:31 AM in response to clivefrombristol

Hello Clive,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! It looks like your car stereo isn't playing content from your iPod classic. We'd be happy to help take a closer look with you.

Let's have you try the following troubleshooting steps:

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

"Connect using USB playback

1. Restart your device and your car.
  2. Make sure that your device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  3. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check the manual that came with your car to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  4. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is properly inserted into the port.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.
  7. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support."

Cheers!

Connecting iPod to car devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.