Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanent removal of an unwanted app, so that a child can't download it again.

Hi,

I am trying to stop my daughter reinstalling TikTok. It was approved for downloaded before, and so when ever we delete it from her iPhone she can reinstall it as a pre approved app.

So how can I 'unapprove' and therefore block download of a specific App?

As it is in the +12 age category I can't block all apps that age as then WhatsApp doesn't work.

SO how to in effect go back in time and make it as if app was never approved and downloaded?

With thanks

Jim

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 1:03 PM

See the information in Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support including the following:

When you hide an app, it won't appear in your list of purchases in the App Store. If you use Family Sharing, the app also won't appear in family members' purchases and won't be available for family members to redownload. But the app will still appear in your purchase history.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 1:03 PM in response to Jinbao

See the information in Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support including the following:

When you hide an app, it won't appear in your list of purchases in the App Store. If you use Family Sharing, the app also won't appear in family members' purchases and won't be available for family members to redownload. But the app will still appear in your purchase history.

Permanent removal of an unwanted app, so that a child can't download it again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.