Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone not allow me back up unless connected to power and screen locked. This never happened before. I have an iPhone 12. And my keychain won’t turn on!! New iPhone issues!!! Grr

Having very serious issues with iPhone 12 wish I never bothered sometimes. My iPhone will not allow me to back up to iCloud unless connected to power and screen is locked. Second issue is cannot verify my Apple ID it won’t let me do it and keychain won’t turn on on either devices please help the other phone was iPhone 8. Added to that it says unable to show iCloud storage

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 2:59 AM

I assume that you have tried a manual backup in Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>iCloud Backup>On>Backup Now.

If you want to use Keychain you have to have two factor authentication turned on now as of iOS 13.

Again, assuming that you have done that, try signing out of iCloud, restart your phone and sign in again.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 2:59 AM in response to Angelus666

I assume that you have tried a manual backup in Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>iCloud Backup>On>Backup Now.

If you want to use Keychain you have to have two factor authentication turned on now as of iOS 13.

Again, assuming that you have done that, try signing out of iCloud, restart your phone and sign in again.

Nov 18, 2020 3:10 AM in response to Demo

Dude you are amazing I did not know about the two factor authentication I will give that a try and update you. Yes I’ve done the manual way because I found that if I do it to the iCloud way all my stuff takes forever to upload or nothing uploads properly therefore I upload via my Mac and then eventually it sinks with the iCloud as well if that makes sense.

Why does my iPhone not allow me back up unless connected to power and screen locked. This never happened before. I have an iPhone 12. And my keychain won’t turn on!! New iPhone issues!!! Grr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.