Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP exports videos with orange lines/boxes?

I've been trying to export three pretty hairy projects from a specific library and every time I do, Final Cut freezes for a few minutes then spits out these .mov files where the audio is fine, but the video is jus orange bars or transparent. (See picture below.) Does anyone know what might cause this to happen?

Lately, FCP has been starting to act up A LOT for me. Like sometimes the playback, angle viewer, or timeline will turn into a solid red box. (Not the missing media gradient, just a sold red box.) It started to happen after I got Color Finale Pro 2, could this be the cause?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 7:50 AM

After painstakingly disabling and enabling different parts of the project and trying to export, I was able to narrow down the problem clip! The client had sent me an infographic with a GINORMOUS size (16000x9000) this image bricked up Final Cut. So all I did was throw the image into photoshop, downsized it, and relinked the file in FCP with the smaller (1920x1080) image. This fixed the problem immediately.

(I was batch exporting 3 projects when this error occurred so that's what caused the orange bars/transparent screens on the following exports.)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 7:50 AM in response to iOSAssistance

After painstakingly disabling and enabling different parts of the project and trying to export, I was able to narrow down the problem clip! The client had sent me an infographic with a GINORMOUS size (16000x9000) this image bricked up Final Cut. So all I did was throw the image into photoshop, downsized it, and relinked the file in FCP with the smaller (1920x1080) image. This fixed the problem immediately.

(I was batch exporting 3 projects when this error occurred so that's what caused the orange bars/transparent screens on the following exports.)

FCP exports videos with orange lines/boxes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.