Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and iPhone show groups empty. Groups are not empty when viewed in iCloud

With the update to IOS 14.1 I seemed to have lost the ability to use groups I created in iCloud. Both the iPhone and iPad report all groups as empty. When I went to my iCloud and checked, they are all correct, containing the proper members. I tried the "solution" I found dated in March or April of this year suggesting turn off contacts in iCloud on the device settings. I did so while keeping the contacts on the device and then turned "contacts" back on, using the merge option. No help.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 8:25 AM

11 replies

Nov 18, 2020 2:36 PM in response to zinacef

Did not help. My understanding is that groups do not appear on the device but just on iCloud. If you know where I should be able to see them on a device, please inform me. In any case, went to iCloud and did the restore and it didn't change a thing. The groups on iCloud are complete. The message I see on the device when attempting to use a group is "No Members". For whatever reason, they are not being presented to the device. The restore did respond with "Restore complete" or words to that effect.

iPad and iPhone show groups empty. Groups are not empty when viewed in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.