Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air not waking from screen saver, system screen saver option changes freezes

I've been having trouble with an early 2014 Macbook Air not waking from screen saver. Going into System > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver, if the screen saver is configured to read photo libraries the machine freezes up for 30 seconds - 1 minute or so, no beach ball just can't change application / nothing is clickable / can't type.

I am guessing the screen saver wake problem may be related to issue I'm seeing in System.

Would deleting plists for screen saver maybe help? Where are the screen saver plists located on hard drive?

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 12:37 PM

When Apple released Security Update 2020-004 for macOS Mojave a few months ago

this update introduced a bug which causes the Screensaver to freeze when selecting

images in folders or images from the Photos app.

There is nothing you can do.

Apple have released two further Security Updates since and the problem has not been addressed by Apple

perhaps they never will.

If you want to tell Apple that you want this fixed click on the link below,

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 12:37 PM in response to Agent Vanilla

When Apple released Security Update 2020-004 for macOS Mojave a few months ago

this update introduced a bug which causes the Screensaver to freeze when selecting

images in folders or images from the Photos app.

There is nothing you can do.

Apple have released two further Security Updates since and the problem has not been addressed by Apple

perhaps they never will.

If you want to tell Apple that you want this fixed click on the link below,

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

Macbook Air not waking from screen saver, system screen saver option changes freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.