Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I wake my Mac, Control Center is always open

I'm running macOS Monterey 12.4 on a 2021 14" MacBook Pro. Very often when I wake my Mac from sleep, Control Center is open, so I have to click the menu bar item to close it. It seems to happen only when I'm not connected to my external display.

Because of another issue, I was chasing I just reinstalled macOS over the top.

Any ideas what's causing this? Some annoyed plist perhaps?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 23, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 7:50 AM

Allison Sheridan wrote:

I'm running macOS Monterey 12.4 on a 2021 14" MacBook Pro. Very often when I wake my Mac from sleep, Control Center is open, so I have to click the menu bar item to close it. It seems to happen only when I'm not connected to my external display.

I would simply try a Safeboot to clear system cache file—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2022 7:50 AM in response to Allison Sheridan

Allison Sheridan wrote:

I would simply try a Safeboot to clear system cache file—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

When I wake my Mac, Control Center is always open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.