Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not ringing on Mac after Big Sur update

Since updating to Big Sur last week, incoming FaceTime calls no longer ring my 2019 Retina 5K 27-inch iMac. My iPhone, iPad (iOS and iPadOS 14.2), and MacBook Pro (High Sierra) all ring and I can answer the call on any of them, but on my iMac I see no indication about an incoming call. If FaceTime is open on my iMac when the call comes in, I immediately see the incoming call listed as a Missed Call while my other devices continue to ring, but I can't answer on my iMac. I can still make outgoing FaceTime calls on my iMac as usual.

So far, I've restarted my iMac, and I've signed out of FaceTime and signed back in. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 6:29 PM

After noticing that regular phone calls also weren't ringing on my Mac, I figured out that Do Not Disturb was set to Always On. I hadn't realized that in Big Sur the Do Not Disturb icon in the menubar is solid when it's on and faded back when it's off.

2 replies

FaceTime not ringing on Mac after Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.