Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted an apple ID under one email address. I have a current ID that is now related to a defunct email address. I want to change it to the deleted ID. What do I do?

I deleted an apple ID that uses my current email address that was attached to one of my kid's devices. I have a current ID that is now related to a defunct email address. I want to change it to the deleted ID to the current email address but it won't let me do so. What do I do?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 4:37 PM

You cannot do so. Once an AppleID is deleted, the primary email it used can never be used as an AppleID again. Apple is required to keep the deleted AppleID’s purchase history, and since the AppleID is identified by the email, that email is no longer available for use as a new AppleID.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

When you delete your Apple ID, Apple makes our best effort to delete all personal data associated with your account. However, we are required to retain past transaction information for financial reporting purposes, and we may be required to retain certain information to comply with a court settlement or other ongoing legal procedure.”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 4:37 PM in response to Qui-GonTim

You cannot do so. Once an AppleID is deleted, the primary email it used can never be used as an AppleID again. Apple is required to keep the deleted AppleID’s purchase history, and since the AppleID is identified by the email, that email is no longer available for use as a new AppleID.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

When you delete your Apple ID, Apple makes our best effort to delete all personal data associated with your account. However, we are required to retain past transaction information for financial reporting purposes, and we may be required to retain certain information to comply with a court settlement or other ongoing legal procedure.”

I deleted an apple ID under one email address. I have a current ID that is now related to a defunct email address. I want to change it to the deleted ID. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.