You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch 6 haptic not working for messages when phone unlocked

I really need some help here, I have searched every forum and tried every suggestion out there and nothing has fixed my issue. My watch will buzz when my phone is locked, but it will not be notify me I have a message if my phone is unlocked and it is really inconvenient because I keep missing messages. Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone help? It used to work when I had the 5 and the 11 pro max.

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 4:40 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 28, 2020 9:08 AM in response to RachelPlant

Hi Rachel,

It seems you're having trouble being notified on your Apple Watch and we want to help.

This is expected behavior for the Apple Watch when the iPhone is unlocked. You can read more about this here:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You can let Apple know that you'd like this feature to be available in the future:

Product Feedback - Apple

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Watch 6 haptic not working for messages when phone unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.