Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Issues

Hello, I have been using iPhone 12 Pro Max for a week, and noticed few things.

1. Volume. I connected my phone to my car and played music. I noticed the volume level is much less than when I connected my XR to the car. I need to turn up the volume much higher somehow on iPhone 12 Pro Max.
  2. I noticed my screen a bit flickering sometimes. I think it happened when it was displaying a page with certain background color.
  3. I also noticed that the phone was very hot when it was idle. It happened in the first couple of days. Hence, the battery drained very fast.

Do you also notice or experience these things on your IPhone 12 Pro Max?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 2:31 PM

119 replies

Dec 13, 2020 11:57 AM in response to saiful176

saiful176 wrote:

Shaking: I use IPhone 12 Pro Max now. Whenever I charge it, it becomes hotter than my previous phones.

Charging creates heat. Unless the phone is shutting down to cool, don't worry about it.

The biggest problem is; I can’t take photo or video right after charging the phone or during charge. It starts shaking and the photos and videos become blur. Does anyone face it?

I've never heard of this, so if your phone is doing this, I would contact Apple Support directly as this sounds like an optical stabilization issue.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Dec 30, 2020 6:40 AM in response to claygoldstein

As explained here (emphasis mine):

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Require Passcode: As soon as you lock your screen, the default for this setting will ask you to enter your passcode to unlock. If you don't want an immediate passcode requirement, change this setting. (For your own security, if you use Touch ID or Apple Pay, you can't change the immediate passcode requirement).

You can leave a suggestion for Apple here:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Nov 21, 2020 5:49 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

It’s a temporary hold until they receive the defective item but the man said things get lost in the mail sometimes so that’s my biggest issue. That and having to fork out another 1,300 for another phone it wasn’t damaged at all I have messages to prove it too. No water damage nothing like that it’s some type of glitch they said because the phone is great just can’t hear ppl unless it’s on speaker

Dec 9, 2020 3:24 AM in response to nellie168

You can either do an Internet search, or I can post photos of the same lens flares occurring on every iPhone camera going back to at least the iPhone 6 as well as phone cameras from Google, Huawei, LG, Samsung along with DSLRs from Canon and lenses from Tokina.

Here's a fun example; the shot on top is from an iPhone 12 Pro Max, the one on the bottom is from a $6000 Canon DSLR/lens combo:

Dec 16, 2020 6:48 AM in response to GiveMeStrength100

I am on my second pro Max. I had the heat issues and a software glitch. Sent it right back. So far so good with this, there may be hope .

My problem is that I need to enter a passcode to wake it, every time it goes to sleep, even if it was seconds ago. My 8+ had options that included immediately up to four hours. The only option is immediately

Face ID doesn't work with a mask on. Now if someone is using my camera for me they need the passcode every time.

I lose important seconds punching in this ID code every time. Considering that these are options they took away, I hope to get it back in a software update soon ...

Nov 19, 2020 4:07 PM in response to Areku

Hard to really say but the volume thing could be as simple as your volume on your device is turned down low making it where you need to turn the volume up I’m the car. The flickering may be a real issue but you would need to have it looked at to be sure. The phone getting hot the first few days could be due to the indexing and things working in the background after restoring an old backup. That can happen for a few days. But if these issues persist or you’re concerned I would definitely have Apple look at it or do an exchange since you’re still in the return/exchange period. I personally haven’t had any of these issues so far

Nov 21, 2020 5:55 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

So to answer your statement no I never dropped it never got it wet it came like that which they assured me some ppl had the same issue. Unfortunately I had to put down 1,300 on temporary hold to get a new one while waiting for them to receive the defective one. Yes I have apple care. That’s just how things are I’m not complaining just saying it sucks being that I wasn’t expecting this to happen to my brand new phone but hey it happens

Nov 25, 2020 10:08 PM in response to Areku

Hello ! This is my first week with the iPhone 12 pro max. I’m issue are,

the volume is really low when I’m speaking. Flickering screen. And worst of all the audio sucks. There is alway and echo of my self through conversation. Music comes out poorly.(REVERBERATE) Nothing like my 10 xs Max speaker. I know it’s early. But the disappointment takes away my excitement for my new iPhone. I will be returning this new phone I really hope these issues are fix soon.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.