Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer not working - MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me solve my printer issue? I was using Catalina up to last night and had no problems with printers or scanner, since updating to MAC Big Sur late last night I now seem unable to use my printer amongst other applications but the printer is my main concern the error message I get even when I've reset the printing system is as follows ''Successful-OK-Ignored-or Substituted-Attributes'' after I've tried to add the printer! is it possible that because my printer probably doesn't have Airprint technology could this be the issue? I'm running an Epsom Stylus SX400.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 6:24 PM

Hi,

You may have noticed it already, but here is a v10.85 driver (released 25-Nov-2020) for the Stylus SX400 and macOS 11 Big Sur:

https://www.epson.eu/support?productID=2781&language=en&os=38#drivers_and_manuals

4 replies

Nov 28, 2020 1:50 PM in response to Moomin_Glade

Hello Moomin_Glade,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're experiencing issues printing since the update to Big Sur. Since this update installed, have you confirmed your printer software, firmware and the printer drivers are up-to-date? Also, have you checked to make sure that the printer is compatible with the latest macOS release?

Update printer software on Mac

Printer and scanner drivers for Mac

Best regards.

Printer not working - MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.