Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Services keeps switching off every time i restart my MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.0.1

title says it all.

has anyone experienced the same issue? or anyone know how to fix that?

i tried resetting NVRAM

i tried restarting with and without Reopening Apps

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 5:15 AM

Hi A.Bss,

Thanks for giving those steps a try.

Since this is occurring on multiple accounts, lets try to reinstall macOS Big Sur and see if the situation improves:

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

5 replies

Nov 28, 2020 2:10 PM in response to A.Bss

Hi A.Bss,

It sounds like you're having trouble with location services and we can help.

Do you have a profile installed that might be controlling this?

Try enabling location for another user as a test and see if that also turns off during restart:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know what happens.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Dec 12, 2020 9:14 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hi, SnickZ.

Thank you for the reply.

I have followed all the instructions in that link to reinstall macOS.

Unfortunately, I was introduced with a whole bunch of problems along the way.

Firstly, Big Sur is currently restricted from from being installed on my MacBook Model because the initial release 11.0.1 has a bug that corrupts the I/O board's firmware in some 2013/2014 MacBook Pro's. So now when trying to install Big Sur i am presented with the following error message "Installation of macOS could not continue. Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later."

I have formatted my SSD before attempting to reinstall macOS and being greeted with that error message meant i can not reinstall. Anything.

After following the instructions here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204323 i was at least able to install OS X Maverics 10.9.5 which i then Updated to Catalina 10.15.7

I am currently using Catalina 10.15.7 but am unable to update to 11.0.1

I have since been introduced a bunch of iCloud bugs when attempting to sync my data.

Keychain not syncing, iMessages not Syncing, iCloud drive being stuck downloading 2 items, Photos stuck Curating Photos and Layouts.

Anyway, I will simply have to wait for Big Sur 11.1 which thankfully will not be restricted on 2013/2014 MacBook Pro's

Then i will attempt to clean install macOS.

At least Location Services works properly again.

Location Services keeps switching off every time i restart my MacBook Pro running Big Sur 11.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.