Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got my beats flex HOW DO I CHARGE???

I don't know how to charge my beats flex. the cord has the same connector on each side. one side does plug into the beats but I have no idea what to plug in the other side to it does not match with anything else to plug it into it doesn't fit in to my computer or any power source please help I am pretty tech savvy and my son has beats and my husband has Bose theres plug into a normal power adaptor I'm so confused and I have looked up videos on google they don't show where to plug it in, I can't find an answer HELP ! Please !!!

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:57 AM

Don’t be confused, it’s ridiculous that these come with a cable that doesn’t plug into anything. My partner just got these for my birthday but now I can’t use them because they have went dead and I can’t charge them until I get a new cable. Hope the genius who decided this gets a Christmas bonus 🙄

103 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 7:57 AM in response to coltsgalll

Don’t be confused, it’s ridiculous that these come with a cable that doesn’t plug into anything. My partner just got these for my birthday but now I can’t use them because they have went dead and I can’t charge them until I get a new cable. Hope the genius who decided this gets a Christmas bonus 🙄

Jan 4, 2021 2:56 PM in response to coltsgalll

Is this charging cable situation a joke? And why the heck did you have to change the charging cable, Apple? I've been using Beats X for years and NOW I have to buy a converter just to charge these things because this dinky cable doesn't fit in anything I own? At least provide a USB adapter or a plug so I can actually charge these things instead of having to make ANOTHER purchase so I can plug the other end of this thing into a power source! Sadly, I was hesitant to buy these because I had a bad feeling Apple would do something unconventional to them, but now Apple's proved me right and I couldn't be more disappointed. *groan*

Dec 30, 2020 2:01 PM in response to coltsgalll

This is really ridiculous. There are no old chargers that fit the beat flex , either. Apple is now using a usb-c end for their lightning cables with all of their new iPhones, too (and not just the 12s). And the kicker is, they don’t include the wall outlet anymore (or headphones. So, I had to buy the Beat Flex to go with my daughter’s iPhone XR. My XR from a year and a half ago had earphones, a lightning cable and a wall charger). I guess this is Apple’s way of being cheap and making more money by forcing people to purchase the wall plug.

Nov 20, 2020 1:09 PM in response to coltsgalll

That is a USB-C to USB-C cable -- see the following from Beats Flex – All-Day Wireless Earphones – Beats Black - Apple

What’s in the Box

Beats Flex wireless earphones

USB-C to USB-C charging cable

Eartips with four size options

Quick Start Guide

Warranty card

You can use any USB-C power adapter such as Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

or use a USB-C to USB cable to connect to older power adapters or devices

Feb 26, 2021 5:03 AM in response to Chucklovescash

Update on my headphones since only the people in this thread will care if that lol: due to my apple-induced rage I ordered a usb-C to US-fkin-B cable the day I got my earbuds so I could use a block, but seeing as it hasn’t arrived yet I have since drained my headphones of all their battery, and I choose not to wear them as an ugly necklace.

It took about a week of sparing use for them to die so good battery life, but what kind of villain would fit the box with only a usb-C to usb-C cable. Was a prerequisite of these headphones that we own a Mac book pro? F’n A

Feb 5, 2021 1:51 AM in response to coltsgalll

It is ridiculous that Apple should supply a product which does not have the most common (universal) charging connector. The only way for most people to use this product is to buy an adapter or adapter cable. Fortunately suppliers like Amazon supply either USB to USB-C cables or small plug in adapters. What an elementary error for both Beats and Apple to make such an annoying and basic omission

Feb 19, 2021 8:26 PM in response to markable

I agree. I dont have a dongle (giggle) with a port for usb-c. I have a wall charger with the port but it is 20w and i do not know if it is safe as i have only read two of my search results. Hi #2. So the charging port. Wow. It’s the future of tech! What about the present?… I would like to have something from apple make a little more sense especially in the beats line because I have the studio over ear wireless headphones using a whatever port and the other Beats earbuds that use the Apple iPhone charger or cable or whatever the word should be. And then now the flex so a different type of charger for every listening device is absolutely brilliant. I love it actually it makes me feel important because I allow other things to have the power to make me feel some thing and then actuality I feel angry. I feel kind of fat too. But I am angry because I would like to charge a new device that .... i’ll stop right there I think the point should be understood I also like the yellow color I decided would make me look younger with my comb-over hairstyle. So since I’m essentially replying to some ones statement here I should obviously add my question. Can I charge these with a 20 W adapter. I have that brick, this tiny double “c” and .... I can’t.

I just got my beats flex HOW DO I CHARGE???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.