Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicated jpg files in Finder have no title

iMac OS X 10.15--when I use Command-D to duplicate a jpg file, unpredictably the duplicate file may be there in the window but it has lost its title. This is slowing down my project. How can I avoid this or fix it easily every time it happens?

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 1:38 PM

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode per Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac and then restart normally and re-test

3 replies

Nov 22, 2020 5:14 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you rkaufmann87 and VikingOSX for the replies. After I did the rkaufmann87 fix the problem has not yet recurred, so I cannot proceed on the VikingOSX potential fix. I am able to Control-Click on the image, see Duplicate option in the drop down menu, and select it to get a duplicate with "copy" added. If the problem recurs I will test this way to Duplicate.

I thought it was odd and worrisome that running First Aid fixed the problem temporarily (for 5 or 6 duplications) when first tried, but First Aid did not work the second time I tried it. Again, thank you rkaufmann87 and VikingOSX for your help. I hope I will not need to seek help on this problem again.

duplicated jpg files in Finder have no title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.