Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.2.1 - Changing font size

For some reason, iMovie no longer lets me adjust font size - the option is visible but just blanked out. I can select font style, but not font size. How do I now change font size?

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 3:41 PM

Hi, Graham,

I'm not running iMovie 10.2.1, but in the earlier versions there were 14 titles that did not allow the option of changing font size. Check to make sure that you are not working with one of those titles, like, for example, Four Corners, Echo, Lower Third, etc.

If the above is not your situation, try deleting preferences. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 3:41 PM in response to Graham Baldwin

Hi, Graham,

I'm not running iMovie 10.2.1, but in the earlier versions there were 14 titles that did not allow the option of changing font size. Check to make sure that you are not working with one of those titles, like, for example, Four Corners, Echo, Lower Third, etc.

If the above is not your situation, try deleting preferences. To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

iMovie 10.2.1 - Changing font size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.