Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Changing IMovie title font size on my Macbook

I am trying to change the font size in my IMovie title on my macbook but it wont let me. I can change the font type but not size. The font size option remains in locked position with size in grey in the background. Can someone please help?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 8:26 AM

Not all titles have the capability of being able to change the font size. For example, the font size cannot be changed in the titles Vertical Drift, Sideways Drift, Lens Flare. So, you would need to choose a title where font size change is an option.

-- Rich

3 replies

Oct 2, 2023 10:20 AM in response to rix116

Glad I could help.

iMovie title options are somewhat limited. Their position on the screen can't be changed. And, as you have found, some of them don't allow font size changes.

You can make custom titles with the Preview app on your Mac, and with the Keynote app on your Mac. There are nice animations available on the Keynote app.

With Preview, you can make a duplicate of any photo, open it in Preview, do Edit/Select All and Edit/Delete. That will leave you with a blank transparency screen. Then do Tools/Annotate/Text that will create a text box in the transparency screen. Choose your font, font size, and color and type in your text. Then save and import into iMovie. Use the Picture in Picture overlay feature to overlay your text onto a background, still image, or video clip in the timeline. You can position the text anywhere you want by dragging it, and can change its size by dragging the corner of the text in the Picture in Picture overlay screen.

-- Rich

Changing IMovie title font size on my Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.