Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life after update of ios to 14.2

after updating my ios to fourteen point two, the battery of my iphone xs max is getting used even more than before even though i am comparatively using it less than before, and thereby providing a shorter screen time. I want to know what maybe causing this problem. I turned of all background mobile data use or background app refresh and also has turned of location and tracking for the meanwhile along with the personalised ads. Also have decreased the number of apps on my phone even though its a two hundred fifty six gb device and only sixty four gb of that has been used. So, it wouldve been really helpful if anybody could inform me about the causes of this rather lower battery life.

Ps: my battery health is ninety two percent

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 8:41 PM

hello

we understand that you’re having battery life issues on iOS 14.2

here are some things that could help

Force restart the phone, press them quickly release the volume up button, Preston quickly release the volume down button, press then quickly release the side button, hopefully that should restarted, is that doesn’t work

turn on low-power mode, go to settings greater than battery greater than low power mode, double tap one finger until it turns on

Siri is your devices had an unexpected shut down, go to voicemail

so your device 900 unexpected shut down please check for us finally, if none of the above help, call Apple and see if you can get a repair, it may need a new battery even know the capacity is only 92% can’t unexpected shut down

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 8:41 PM in response to BatteryX

hello

we understand that you’re having battery life issues on iOS 14.2

here are some things that could help

Force restart the phone, press them quickly release the volume up button, Preston quickly release the volume down button, press then quickly release the side button, hopefully that should restarted, is that doesn’t work

turn on low-power mode, go to settings greater than battery greater than low power mode, double tap one finger until it turns on

Siri is your devices had an unexpected shut down, go to voicemail

so your device 900 unexpected shut down please check for us finally, if none of the above help, call Apple and see if you can get a repair, it may need a new battery even know the capacity is only 92% can’t unexpected shut down

Battery life after update of ios to 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.