Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving google images to my ipad camera roll

I can't save images to my camera roll since my last ipad update. (Apple Air) I have tried the suggestions but I cant' find restrictions under general in my settings.

When I choose Save as an option, the Fetching signal spins around then it says "can't save this image" Happens for all images although they are free.

Many don't even give me an option to save even when I hold my finger on the, Options are Share or Download but neither works.

If O take a screen shot I lose the transparency of a PNG image.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 8:47 AM

Hi Joanmaree,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. It looks like no one has responded to your question yet, so let's get some more information about what's happening when you try to save images.

• Does this only happen in the Images section of a Google search?
  • If you tap on the picture or go to its website, are you able to "Save" or "Add to Photos"?
  • Try using a different search engine. Are you able to save a photo in the Images section of a different search engine?

Take Care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 8:47 AM in response to Joanmaree

Hi Joanmaree,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. It looks like no one has responded to your question yet, so let's get some more information about what's happening when you try to save images.

• Does this only happen in the Images section of a Google search?
  • If you tap on the picture or go to its website, are you able to "Save" or "Add to Photos"?
  • Try using a different search engine. Are you able to save a photo in the Images section of a different search engine?

Take Care.

Saving google images to my ipad camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.