Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mini (Silicon) and Benq PD3220U

Mac Mini (Apple Silicon Late 2020) seems to have some problem to work at 60hz on Benq PD3220U monitor via Thunderbird 3. You can only get 30hz.

No trouble at all with HDMI. It seems like there is some issue with the brand new Mac graphics and this monitor.

Does anyone know if there is some way to get 60hz working with Benq PD3220U and thunderbolt 3?

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 12:37 AM

14 replies

Dec 2, 2020 3:01 AM in response to xlren

I wrote to Benq, and they say they're working on it, but they don't know if it's a hardware problem or something else. Apple, as always, says nothing but it is a problem present on many other monitors from other brands too. At the moment the only solution is to connect it with a HDMI cable that supports 4k 60hz.

Dec 2, 2020 7:43 AM in response to AmeDSL

I will also reach Benq this is a problem not to be taken lightly, we are talking about a expensive monitor and as well as an expensive computer. I have reach apple 2 times they kept telling me it's a hardware problem and that I should get a replacement for my mac .... its really hard to escalate this issue in Apple

Dec 2, 2020 8:51 AM in response to xlren

It’s because Apple assistance service don't really listen customers matters. Do replacement product it’s easier than contact engineers and tell them about issues, until next product will come with the same identical problem. What we can wish is that engineers (of both company) keep an eye on it soon as possible.

Jan 21, 2021 2:46 PM in response to joheri

Thanks, but.... believe me, I've tried everything, it seems some 4k USB-C/TB3 monitors are still not supported at 60Hz when using DP via USB-C/TB3 while HDMI is fine.

The TB3 cables I have are working fine with same monitor and other computers; Also, an USB-C to HDMI adapter is limited to 4K/30Hz. :(

Apple Mini (Silicon) and Benq PD3220U

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.