Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery draining overnight.

My iPhone XS has drained around 30% overnight, without use and whilst on airplane mode. This also happened a few weeks ago, in which I reset my phone and didn't get the issue again until now. My app usage in the background did not go up, so I am wondering why did this happen? Is there any way I can prevent this further, since I already have background app refresh turned off and other battery settings turned on?

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 10:31 AM

Yeah... that's a glib and unhelpful answer.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro that's been out of the box for two days, and overnight in airplane mode with background app refresh deactivated there is still a large amount of background activity for many hours.

This is caused by the Music app. I know, because the same problem cooked - literally - my iPhone 7 Plus, and it stopped when I deleted the entire app.

Clearly, this is unacceptable, and Apple needs to find a solution! A quick internet search reveals that this is a problem for a lot of iPhone users all over the world, so what's the story, Apple?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 10:31 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Yeah... that's a glib and unhelpful answer.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro that's been out of the box for two days, and overnight in airplane mode with background app refresh deactivated there is still a large amount of background activity for many hours.

This is caused by the Music app. I know, because the same problem cooked - literally - my iPhone 7 Plus, and it stopped when I deleted the entire app.

Clearly, this is unacceptable, and Apple needs to find a solution! A quick internet search reveals that this is a problem for a lot of iPhone users all over the world, so what's the story, Apple?

iPhone battery draining overnight.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.