Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Easy Scan Doesn't Work With Big Sur Even After Their Upgrade

HP Easy Scan no longer works at all since Big Sur update to my iMac. HP issued an update a few days ago on the App Store, supposedly to be compatible with Big Sur, but that doesn't work either. I don't know if this is an Apple or HP problem, but Easy Scan has been a great app that I am sorry I can't use now.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:48 PM

Thanks for the advice, but I finally got this to work with the HP Easy Start program and existing drivers.

Success after spending way too much time on this. HP help is a disaster. No one to talk to. HP virtual help is out of date and only recognizes Easy Scan problems with Catalina, not Big Sur.

My Easy Scan software and HP computer driver software appeared to be up to date, but I reinstalled them anyway. Suddenly all is working as before Big Sur. Can't tell you any more than that.

One of life's mysteries I guess.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 12:48 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the advice, but I finally got this to work with the HP Easy Start program and existing drivers.

Success after spending way too much time on this. HP help is a disaster. No one to talk to. HP virtual help is out of date and only recognizes Easy Scan problems with Catalina, not Big Sur.

My Easy Scan software and HP computer driver software appeared to be up to date, but I reinstalled them anyway. Suddenly all is working as before Big Sur. Can't tell you any more than that.

One of life's mysteries I guess.

Nov 21, 2020 2:25 PM in response to KiltedTim

Good and appropriate question. I haven't reported it to them yet, myself. The Apple App Store one-star comments have other unhappy folks like me on this same issue. I have had such bad experiences with HP help contacts in the past I thought I would try this route first. If nothing here I will grit my teeth, gird my loins, and set aside an hour or two to waste and then call them. If I must resort to that I will report my results here.

Nov 23, 2020 11:48 AM in response to jimpal

After trying various ways on their HP web site, I have found it impossible to get any help on this issue from them. HP has nowhere to call, and their "virtual assistant" doesn't even know about Big Sur.

They have an updated version of their Easy Scan app in the Apple App Store, that they allege works with Big Sur, but it doesn't. Others in the Comments section for that app have found, like me, that it doesn't work for them either.

So, I don't know how to resolve this until HP eventually does something about it. Ordinarily I would just stop screwing with this, but Easy Scan was such an easy to use app before Big Sur that I will really miss it.

Has anyone else found any help for this since my posting a couple of days ago?

HP Easy Scan Doesn't Work With Big Sur Even After Their Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.