Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

epson dx7400 is not recognized in big sur

is there already a solution for the epson stylus dx7400 to let it work under macos big sur

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 8:22 AM

7 replies

Nov 23, 2020 6:42 AM in response to her51

Hello,

Yes, the support web page for the Epson Stylus DX7400 does not offer a driver for Big Sur.

As you may have noticed, the compatibility page mentioned by leroydouglas has the following information:

"Compatibility details for Epson DX7400

Your product is macOS Big Sur compatible. The product driver is available via the Epson support website.

Printer Driver: Please use v10.85 or later.

Apple Image Capture Application (ICA): Yes. Click here for support on using Image Capture with your scanner."

Others, with other printer models, have tried to check whether there is a Big Sur download (with the Printer Driver v10.85) for yet another (similar or not) model. This approach appears to have been successful in a number of cases. So, awaiting a driver download for the DX7400, you may want to experiment with an alternative manual method. If you go to https://discussions.apple.com/search and search for Epson (with the result limited by Filter -> Time -> Last week), you will find several posts on this topic. Good luck!

Nov 23, 2020 4:04 AM in response to leroydouglas

It is a pity but both websites don't give a solution for my problem !! (I found these sites already myself).

At the drivers-site van Epson they stop with Macos Catalina. There are no drivers available yet for macos Big Sir !!!!

The problem is also a part of Apple, when I will add the Epson stylus printer/scanner that is connected at my Macbookpro , Apple recognize the printer but won't add it en gives a message that it is is not possible. Without further information!!!

I think that more people have this problem!

epson dx7400 is not recognized in big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.