Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Cellular or Not?

I'm interested in getting an Apple Watch, but can't decide whether to get the cellular enabled model to use when I don't have my iPhone with me. Can I share the same phone number between my phone and watch? Did adding an Apple Watch to your cellular provider cost the same as adding a new phone line? Thanks.

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 10:19 AM

The Apple Shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

The GPS only Apple Watch can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 10:19 AM in response to Scoots35

The Apple Shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

The GPS only Apple Watch can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

Nov 22, 2020 9:45 AM in response to Scoots35

Cellular data plans for Watch are $10 to $15 added to your monthly cellular plan.

You can also buy the GPS/Cellular Watch from the major cellular companies and pay if off in monthly installments over 24 months without interest.

Your iPhone number's calls are also routed to your Watch.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apple Watch Cellular or Not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.