Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Keychain Access: No Passwords

I just received my new 2020 MPB running Big Sur and transferred everything directly using Migration Assistant. However, none - not one - of my stored passwords transferred across. Only certificates and keys. I can tell because a) I cannot see any passwords in the Keychain Access app, and b) when I attempt to log on to a web site or app where the password is stored - for example, my Adobe account - I am not prompted to select the password (as I was on OS X Catalina).

A few other comments:

• Yes I can still see the passwords in my old MBP 2019.
  • Yes I can still see the passwords in my iOS devices.
  • I tried exporting the Keychains from my MBP 2019 then imported manually into Keychain access on my MBP 2020 running Big Sur, but no change.
  • I note that the UI of KeyChain Access is completely different and does not seem to have an 'iCloud' section. See screenshots.

Also: in OS X, passwords were indicated using the "@" symbol, but these are not showing up in Keychain Access on Big Sur.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 8:25 AM

I solved it. In system preferences, check to make sure your Apple ID is verified. Mine was not, after migrating over to OS 11 - and I was not aware of that. All's fine now.

1 reply

Big Sur Keychain Access: No Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.