Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won’t pair

My Apple Watch hasn’t paired to my phone in months. It says it needs an update. When I go to pair it says Apple Watch has update. Update to set up. I follow the instructions then half way through it says installing and it goes like that F O R E V E R! Then it stops. Watch says it’s paired waiting for further setup. But the iPhone does not think she is paired. Then I tried updating my iPhone. Did that, now when I go to update the watch it says that I have no new updates. But it also won’t let me finish set up. I’m at a lost and I don’t know what to do. And then the o my way to try setting up further is to cancel and reset! And over and over again

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 8:40 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2020 8:10 PM in response to Libby_onthelabel

Hello Libby_onthelabel,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're unable to pair or update your Apple Watch. We'd be happy to look into this with you.

Which iPhone model, and iOS version are you using? Settings > General > About.

To get started, please make sure your iPhone is up-to-date on software. When you navigate to: Settings > General > Software Update do you see any available updates?

If so, please back up your iPhone, then update as explained in the following links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your iPhone is updated, let's check the time is correct on your iPhone:

If you can’t change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Next, press and hold the Digital Crown and select Reset to reset the Apple Watch.

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Apple Watch won’t pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.