Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New LG OLED CX 55”, Sonos Arc and Apple TV 4K Audio skipping after listening to Dolby Atmos

Hello, I have just bought an LG OLED55CX5LB tv, a Sonos Arc and Apple TV 4K. I have set everything up and have watched a number of movies in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which I’m very pleased with. However, when I then try and watch any content that isn’t Dolby Atmos, the audio cuts in and out continuously. My LG tv apps work fine, but anything within the Apple TV do not. The only one that seems to be okay is if I go to Prime within Apple TV, then watch a normal tv show, it seems to fix the issue and anything that’s not Dolby Atmos works without the skipping. As soon as I watch something in Dolby Atmos, the problem occurs again. So, I’m not sure if there’s an issue within the LG TV sending the sound/code to the sound bar or within Apple TV. Thank you in advance for any help with this issue.

OLED55CX5LB,

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 1:08 PM

WOW

LG just fixed the issue today they pushed a new firmware.

fully resolved the Dolby Atmos issues when switching from stereo to Atmos back to strep on Apple TV.

So happy, after months of this not working!

Similar questions

11 replies

Dec 1, 2020 8:14 AM in response to RockyCan1

Hello RockyCan1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that while playing in Dolby Atmos the audio cuts in and out continuously. We're happy to help!

Check out the article below for help with Dolby Atmos.

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV

If you're still having issues we recommend contacting Apple Support directly.

Contact Apple Support

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

New LG OLED CX 55”, Sonos Arc and Apple TV 4K Audio skipping after listening to Dolby Atmos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.