Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not transferring over

I restored from an icloud backup in order to transfer everything to my new phone from my old phone. All of my photos are not showing up. Instead, there are little cloud symbols in the place of where my pictures. I'm trying to figure out if I should wipe my new phone and start over? Has anyone had this problem?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 5:07 AM

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 5:07 AM in response to adpimandy

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 

Photos not transferring over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.