Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update to ios 14.2

yo. I was trying to update my iphone 7 plus but it keeps on saying that i am "unable to install update." i've tried restarting my phone and clearing up some space. i have about 5.5 gb of space available. i haven't tried using itunes, though i assume that also wont work, so please leave some solutions. thank you so much!

edit: i just realized my laptop isnt good enough to get itunes, so that's out of the picture

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 3:38 PM

hi! i actually fixed it already, i just forgot to say that i did. i found out my pc was actually able to install itunes, i just had to update itunes to its latest version. i also had to remove a password from my phone so it didn't require a password to unlock it. turning off low power and leaving the screen on while it updates also helps

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 3:38 PM in response to Leanne_68

hi! i actually fixed it already, i just forgot to say that i did. i found out my pc was actually able to install itunes, i just had to update itunes to its latest version. i also had to remove a password from my phone so it didn't require a password to unlock it. turning off low power and leaving the screen on while it updates also helps

Dec 1, 2020 10:53 AM in response to myoukyomou

Hi myoukyomou,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble updating iOS correct? We'll do our best to provide some guidance to help you out. If you've already followed the steps we've linked below, you may want to consider asking a family member or friend if you can use their computer to update. If that isn't an option, you would likely need to visit an Apple Store to get help updating.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Unable to update to ios 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.