Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brisk Walk requirements

When I first got my apple watch the activity app gave me credit for my full walk which I regard as brisk. If I walk faster, I usually trip and fall which is not good for a 64 year old. Now the activity app is like an emotionally abusive parent. Nothing I do is good enough and, what's more, I don't even know the goal. Even it I did know the goal, it wouldn't matter, it is way above my ability.

Although this abuse has not stopped me from walking for exercise, it has not added any fun or challenge either. Why try If the bar is always out of reach. The notifications urging me to "close my exercise ring" are irritating and not at all inspiring. I should be allowed to modify the "brisk walk" criteria to match my ability.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 10:57 AM

You can use the "Other" workout type;

Choose "Other workout type.With this workout you earn the credit equivalent of a "brisk walk" which means 1 minute credit for every 1 minute in the workout regardless of how fast or how slow you walk,this is particulary useful for anyone that can't walk at the brisk walking pace of 3.3 mph or are recovering from injury or are an older person who just can't reach the "brisk walking" speed.

So if you do 30 minutes in the "other" workout then you will close your green exercise ring.Active calories are also recorded and estimated at a rate equivalent to a "brisk walk" or based on data recorded by the heart rate sensor in the watch, whichever is higher.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 10:57 AM in response to KatyHex

You can use the "Other" workout type;

Choose "Other workout type.With this workout you earn the credit equivalent of a "brisk walk" which means 1 minute credit for every 1 minute in the workout regardless of how fast or how slow you walk,this is particulary useful for anyone that can't walk at the brisk walking pace of 3.3 mph or are recovering from injury or are an older person who just can't reach the "brisk walking" speed.

So if you do 30 minutes in the "other" workout then you will close your green exercise ring.Active calories are also recorded and estimated at a rate equivalent to a "brisk walk" or based on data recorded by the heart rate sensor in the watch, whichever is higher.

Brisk Walk requirements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.