Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos slideshow -- how to add more music

I am running latest version of Photos.

I've created a slideshow and added music.

However, on the dropdown, it says "Open music to populate this list"

I opened music but nothing happened.

Currently there Is only one music selection available (classic)

how do I add more

thanks

Greg in Oregon.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 1:18 PM

In the slideshow controls for the Music click the "v" to disclose your Music library.

If you are using using iCloud with your music, open the Music.app, then ensure that the songs you want to use have been downloaded from iCloud. Photos will show you any songs, that do not have digital rights attached. You cannot use songs downloaded from Apple Music or in a protected format, but you should be able to use purchased songs from the ApSTore or songs ripped from CD, or mixed in GarageBand.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 1:18 PM in response to GreginOregon

In the slideshow controls for the Music click the "v" to disclose your Music library.

If you are using using iCloud with your music, open the Music.app, then ensure that the songs you want to use have been downloaded from iCloud. Photos will show you any songs, that do not have digital rights attached. You cannot use songs downloaded from Apple Music or in a protected format, but you should be able to use purchased songs from the ApSTore or songs ripped from CD, or mixed in GarageBand.

photos slideshow -- how to add more music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.