Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow music

I'm creating a slideshow in Photos and have a number of music tracks on Music that I want to use. However, only a few of these are visible when I try to select them. Why can't I select all the songs in my list?

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:58 AM

Hi,

Have the tracks been downloaded to your computer (track’s will not appear if they are in the cloud) and have tracks been downloaded from Apple Music subscription- if so, such tracks can’t be used.

Jim

6 replies

Jul 14, 2022 10:30 PM in response to Ted_F_T

Ted_F_T Said:

"Slideshow music: I'm creating a slideshow in Photos and have a number of music tracks on Music that I want to use. However, only a few of these are visible when I try to select them. Why can't I select all the songs in my list?"

-------

Selecting Only Certain Items:

Hold down the command key when selecting items. See if that allows you to do so.

Jul 14, 2022 10:49 PM in response to Ted_F_T

Ted_F_T Said:

"Slideshow music: Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately that makes no difference. I have about 20 songs in the list on Music but only 5 of them are visible in Photos (in the list which comes up when I click the music not icon.)"

-------

You are welcome.

Please Clarify "Photos":

Im not certain why they would show up in Photos. Is that name of the playlist?

Jul 15, 2022 2:00 AM in response to TheLittles

The name of the playlist is not relevant. When I used the word 'Photos', I meant that I'm using Apple's 'Photos' to make the slideshow - File>Create>Slideshow>Photos. This part is easy enough to do (just adding the photos) but when I select the music to accompany the photos, (by clicking the music note icon on the right), and select 'Music' rather than 'Theme Songs', the choice of music is limited. I have about 20 songs by the artist I want to feature in Apple Music, but only 5 are visible from this menu.

Slideshow music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.