Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my slideshow allow me to use my own music instead of the pre-set music? it shows me the choices, but won't allow me to select any.

Why can't I choose my own music for a slideshow I create in Photos? Under the Music tab, it shows the list of my music, but won't allow me to select anything.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 12:03 PM

Is this just to play via Photos or are you trying to export the slideshow? Where did you get the music you want to use? Are you using Apple Music? If the tracks have DRM (digital rights management) you can't use it in a slideshow for export.

Where is you music library located? If on an EHD how is that EHD formatted and connected to your MBP.

won't allow me to select anything

Is it grayed out or just not responds? It is all tracks or just some?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 12:03 PM in response to smdpenn

Is this just to play via Photos or are you trying to export the slideshow? Where did you get the music you want to use? Are you using Apple Music? If the tracks have DRM (digital rights management) you can't use it in a slideshow for export.

Where is you music library located? If on an EHD how is that EHD formatted and connected to your MBP.

won't allow me to select anything

Is it grayed out or just not responds? It is all tracks or just some?

Apr 19, 2020 1:16 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your reply. I think I discovered the problem. It is my purchased music in my music library, but I saw on another thread that even purchased music usually has a digital license that won't allow you to use it for the purpose I wanted to. Hence, it's all grayed out. I had been hoping to create a slideshow with my own chosen music to share with friends.... Thanks again.

Why won't my slideshow allow me to use my own music instead of the pre-set music? it shows me the choices, but won't allow me to select any.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.