Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add music to my new slideshow

I can't add music to my slideshow

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 10:20 PM

What happens when you try to add music?

Are you creating the slideshow project as described here? See: Create slideshows in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

To use your own music,

• click the Music button in the sidebar.
  • Clear the predefined theme music in the "selected Music" brick.
  • Search for the music you want to use in the "Music" brick. You cannot use songs downloaded from Apple Music, only songs without digital rights attached, for example Audis files you recorded yourself, songs ripped from CDs, or similar.
  • If the song you want to use is dimmed and cannot be selected, laugh the Music.app and assure, that the song has been downloaded from iCloud by downloading it and playing it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2021 10:20 PM in response to nanc555

What happens when you try to add music?

Are you creating the slideshow project as described here? See: Create slideshows in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

To use your own music,

• click the Music button in the sidebar.
  • Clear the predefined theme music in the "selected Music" brick.
  • Search for the music you want to use in the "Music" brick. You cannot use songs downloaded from Apple Music, only songs without digital rights attached, for example Audis files you recorded yourself, songs ripped from CDs, or similar.
  • If the song you want to use is dimmed and cannot be selected, laugh the Music.app and assure, that the song has been downloaded from iCloud by downloading it and playing it.

I can't add music to my new slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.