You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to print a 5x7 photo card

How can I print my own foldable 5x7 photo card on watercolor paper. I need to set the photo on one half of the paper, not in the middle!

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 6:58 PM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2020 12:39 AM in response to CaliCarol

The best way I can think of is to set up a paper size that is 1/2 the size of the paper you are printing onto. The photo will then be printed centred on the first half of the paper as it comes through the printer.

Since photos can only select paper sizes set up in your printer driver, you'll have to create a custom paper size there first. How you do this will depend on your printer software.

EDIT: just tried to do it here - it is not easy to find in my Epson printer software. I had to open a document in pages, choose page setup, then in the paper size selector I could choose custom and set up a custom size there, which was then available in photos. See screenshots (it is ridiculous that it doesn't seem possible to do this from the printer settings in system preferences, or generally from the printer setup in any app)

How to print a 5x7 photo card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.